Re: st: Regular expressions

From   Marco Savegnago <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regular expressions
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2014 14:28:28 +0100

Dear all,
as regard point 1) this might work:

gen movie2 = rtrim(substr(movie, 1, index(movie, "(") - 1))

I thinks it works as long as the title of the movie does not contain
other round brackets except those for the year.

What do you think?
best,
Marco