Re: st: Resampling and compare full sample with subsamples

Subject   Re: st: Resampling and compare full sample with subsamples
Date   Tue, 4 Mar 2014 15:38:19 -0500

Johannes-

I don't get the logic of your approach. Assuming that prevalence rates
of responders and non-responders differ, i.e. show "response bias", a
comparison of random samples of responders to all responders will
provide *no* information on the degree of bias.

There are accepted reweighting techniques for evaluating and reducing
response bias. See the  downloadable references below.

If, in fact, you know descriptive statistics for the entire population
of schools and for the responding schools, you can make the responding
schools more closely resemble not just the sample, but the population.
See Stas Kolenikov's -ipfraking- (-findit-) and John D'Souza's
-calibrate- (SSC).