Re: st: Pstest and Sensatt

From   Fernando Rios Avila <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Pstest and Sensatt
Date   Tue, 4 Mar 2014 08:23:55 -0500

Hi Isobel,
So, Im not familiar with the sensatt, but regarding the pstest, keep
in mind that what you want is either small absolute biases (after
matching) and/or non significant t-stats.
The t stats reported are the test for whether or not any particular
variable is statistically different between control and treatment
sample, after matching the information. The rule of thumb should be
the same as when you read the significance of a coefficient on a
regression (they should be smaller than 2).
Regarding the bias, i would not pay attention on the bias change or
bias reduction, but the absolute bias after matching. The rule of
thumb here is usually to have all biases after match lower than 20%.
Ideally all your variables should have small biases, or small t-stats,
to "accept" the model. If not, you need to modify the specification of
the propensity score model.
HTH
Fernando