Re: st: Error 3499 using synth ("emptymat() not found")

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Error 3499 using synth ("emptymat() not found")
Date   Sun, 2 Mar 2014 22:59:45 +0000

You should, as advised in the Statalist (not Statlist) FAQ,

1. explain where user-written packages you refer to come from (-synth-
is from SSC)

2. give full references.

In this case, and with a Stata that old, the problem is that the Mata
library needed by the program is not (yet) visible.

You might try advice at e.g.
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-10/msg00784.html or
restarting Stata. If that doesn't work, you probably didn't install
all the files needed.