Re: st: Losing Observations in Logit

From   Fernando Rios Avila <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Losing Observations in Logit
Date   Sat, 1 Mar 2014 09:21:31 -0500

Yes, that is why i said your groups are not mutually exclusive. For
instance, observations in zone 1 and cla_tam=1 are in group A and B.
Groups in cla_tam are in all groups.
Im not completely sure about the meaning of your variables, But making
a blind shot, i think what you need is the following

gen groupA=0
gen groupB=0
gen groupC=0
replace groupA=1 if zona==1 & cla_tam==1 & h_selec==1
replace groupB=1 if zona==1 & cla_tam==1 & h_selec==0
replace groupC=1 if zona==0 & cla_tam==1 & h_selec==0

Be sure that all observations are either in groups A B or C. If they
are not. Im guessing you dont need to use those observations at all,
but you should be able see that better since you know your data.
Fernando