st: insheet and dropping cases

From   "Ben Hoen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: insheet and dropping cases
Date   Wed, 19 Feb 2014 22:08:41 -0500

Hi all,

I am not able to figure out why insheet is not importing all of the cases of
a .txt I am trying to read into memory.

For example if I use insheet

.  insheet using "B:\OtherDatabase\pvp3\IL.txt", delim("|") clear names

It shows 200 vars, and 184 cases

If, alternatively I use stat transfer, it transfers the same 200 variables
but for 363 cases.

I have 70 files to import and insheet (via a loop with append) is the
simpliest so I would like to use it but cannot figure out why it is not
importing all of the cases.  It does the same thing for all states, always
importing less than what are transferred via stattransfer, regardless of the
total file size or number of cases..

Any ideas?  Thanks, in advance,

Ben

Ben Hoen
Staff Research Associate
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Office: 845-758-1896
Cell: 718-812-7589
[email protected]
http://emp.lbl.gov/staff/ben-hoen

Visit our publications at:
http://emp.lbl.gov/reports/re

Sign up for our email list to receive publication notifications at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/lbl.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlFS
1U1NFlUNzQ1TlBHSzY2VGZuN1E6MQ