st: outreg2 labels

From   Estrella Gomez <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: outreg2 labels
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:06:59 +0100

Hi

I'm doing a regression that includes several set of fixed effects
(dummies) for countries, languages, and interactions between
languages. When I obtain the results on the Stata screen I can see to
which country or language corresponds each dummy; however when I use
the outreg2 command to export the results to an excel file, I can only
see the numbers and not the names anymore. I use encoded variables
created from string variables. Is there any solution to have in the
excel files also the names of the variables and not only the numbers?

This is an example of what I obtain:

On the screen:

slv#fre
slv#ger