st: Fwd: Flexible models for dce

From   Arne Risa Hole <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Fwd: Flexible models for dce
Date   Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:38:09 +0000

Carla,

Your -mixlogit- (SJ/SSC) specification is correct if you want the mean
*and* SD of the coefficient for risk reduction vary with the age
group. If instead you wanted just the mean to vary, and the SD to be
the same for each age group you could specify:

mixlogit d p age2r age3r age4r, group(id) rand(r) nrep(500)

I would not use the -iter()- option here. If the algorithm doesn't
converge it is likely to indicate a problem with your model
specification - in that case the best advice is to simplify the model.

Note that if the respondents in your experiment make more than one
choice you should specify the -id()- option. See
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0133 for details.

I don't understand your second question but, yes, if you are
interested in estimating a latent-class conditional logit model then
-lclogit- is an appropriate command to use.

Arne