Re: st: graph results of bitest stratified with by(var)

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: graph results of bitest stratified with by(var)
Date   Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:45:31 -0500

If I understand what you want correctly, you cannot do it with bysort
because each time you do the test the set of returned values (the
"r()"'s) will be replaced and the old ones lost

you can do this within a -foreach- loop (you may need -levelsof- first)
in which you quietly do the -bitest- and then list your results for that
test and then do the next -bitest-, etc.

here is an example of how to use the returned values:

. sysuse auto

. bitest foreign=.2

    Variable |        N   Observed k   Expected k   Assumed p   Observed p
-------------+------------------------------------------------------------
     foreign |       74         22         14.8       0.20000      0.29730

  Pr(k >= 22)           = 0.029904  (one-sided test)
  Pr(k <= 22)           = 0.984075  (one-sided test)
  Pr(k <= 7 or k >= 22) = 0.041800  (two-sided test)
r; t=0.09 8:39:38

. di r(N) _skip(2) r(P_p) _skip(2) r(k)/r(N) _skip(2) r(p)
74  .2  .2972973  .04179963

I have not put headers on the columns and have not done several other
things you might want (e.g., print format for results) but this should
give the basic idea, assuming I have correctly understood you

Rich

On 1/23/14, 12:57 AM, Michael McCulloch wrote:
> I am using bitest for a two-sided test on whether the mean of varB is different than 0.2, and testing on each level of varA:
> 	bysort varA:	bitest varB=.2
>
> varA has ~30 values. I wish to display these in a table (showing N, observed p,
expected p, and the two-sided p-value), without manual cut-and-paste, as
the test
will be used to monitor an ongoing training program.