st: xtoverid error: internal reestimation of eqn differs from original

From   SEZER ALCAN <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtoverid error: internal reestimation of eqn differs from original
Date   Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:11:02 +0000

When I use xtoverid command in stata after estimation by xthtaylor or xtivreg re /xtivreg fe,    I get "xtoverid error: internal reestimation of eqn differs from original".  I read all replies under this subject; Dr Schaffer says that it may be because of collinearity. However when I execute " xtoverid, noisily " I do not detect any collinearity.

I was wondering if this problem was due to unbalanced nature of the panel I was using. If so what other  test can be executed to test over identification restrictions in an unbalanced panel.
If collinearity isn't the problem of the error, can  xtoverid, noi test results be trusted ?

I work wiht Stata 12 and latest version of xtoverid is installed.

Thanks all in advance,
Sezer Alcan