R: st: Creating variable recording for each individual charateristics of members of OTHER groups

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: Creating variable recording for each individual charateristics of members of OTHER groups
Date   Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:24:56 +0100

Provided that Nick'advices on Stata etiquette and statistics should be
considered with respectful attention, Ubydul may want to try what follows:
reshape long cases, i( district ) j(year)
replace year=0 if year==2012
replace year=1 if year==2013
generate t=1
ir cases year t , by( district )

This in an excerpt of the code that Svend Juul, a remarkable contributor of
Statalist since some years ago, wrote as a reply to a queries of mine. All
credits go out to him (and I am the only one to blame for any typo!).

Kind regards,
Carlo