Re: st: set local for avoiding path names

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   Statalist Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: set local for avoiding path names
Date   Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:47:37 -0600

On Jan 13, 2014, at 2:34 PM, [email protected] wrote:
> I want to create a do-file and I don’t want to constantly repeat the path names of files. What can I do?

Make a dedicated subdirectory for your project, place all your files there (or symlinks to your files), and use relative paths instead of absolute paths.  Not only will this allow you to avoid typing long path names, but it will also make your project directory self-contained and portable (e.g., to different locations on your machine, or even different machines).

-- Phil