Re: st: Problem to estimate stochastic frontier model with sfcross

From   Federico Belotti <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Problem to estimate stochastic frontier model with sfcross
Date   Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:54:13 +0100

Dear René,

it seems to me that your problem is related to the presence of older -sfcross- version(s) in your Stata directories.
My advice is to search for the current -sfcross- and -sfpanel- installations using the following (in this example -sfcross- has ID 168)

===================Code Begins========================
ado, find(sfcross)

[168] package st0315 from http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj13-4
      SJ13-4 st0315. Stochastic frontier analysis...
===================Code Ends==========================

and then uninstall them by typing

===================Code Begins========================
ado uninstall [168]
===================Code Ends==========================

or, in general, by typing

===================Code Begins========================
ado uninstall [ID_of_the_command]
===================Code Ends==========================

Then, you will be able to install the last version of the package by typing

===================Code Begins========================
net install st0315.pkg
===================Code Ends==========================

You can also find it useful to download the last version of the accompanying paper published in the last issue of SJ

http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0315

Hope this helps,
Federico

On Jan 9, 2014, at 2:12 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:

> I meant Belotti el al. (2012).  Or et al. That's a name (date) reference.
>
> If you've not read the FAQ carefully, please do so before your next post.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>

> On 9 January 2014 13:06, Söllner, René <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Sorry, here is my full name reference.
>>
>> ______________________________________
>>
>>   René Söllner
>>
>>   Weiterentwicklung der Unternehmensstatistik
>>
>>   [email protected]
>>   www.destatis.de

Federico Belotti, PhD
Research Fellow
Centre for Economics and International Studies
University of Rome Tor Vergata
tel/fax: +39 06 7259 5627
e-mail: [email protected]
web: http://www.econometrics.it