Re: st: Marginsplot after Poisson regression and negative predicted values

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Marginsplot after Poisson regression and negative predicted values
Date   Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:44:52 +0000

I think this example is part of the reason why most people use a log transform with Poisson means. THe -punaf- package (downloadable from SSC) uses this transformation, both with scenario Poisson means and with their ratio. And -punaf- works for Poisson-like count variables, and even for gamma and inverse-Gaussian continuous variables. And even with life expectancies, as estimated using -streg-.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Respiratory Epidemiology, Occupational Medicine
and Public Health Group
National Heart and Lung Institute
Imperial College London
Royal Brompton Campus