Re: st: Stata vs R

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   Statalist Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata vs R
Date   Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:01:30 -0600

On Jan 7, 2014, at 8:02 AM, Daniel Marcelino da Silva,0962678,33072590,34471294, <[email protected]> wrote:
> I found the results presented in the post below quite intriguing, any thought?
>
> http://danielmarcelino.com/r-vs-stata-importing-and-saving-datasets/

I hesitate to comment here, because I think this very limited comparison is not very informative.  However, I suspect that part of the difference has to do with the way you are storing the data in Stata, based on the much larger size of the resulting .dta file.  Also, if you want to make claims about relative perform and get feedback from people, you need to post your datafile online or use another benchmark that others can replicate.

-- Phil