Re: st: RE: Propensity score balancing property

From   Orrin Pail <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Propensity score balancing property
Date   Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:23:57 -0500

Thank you both for your replies!

I'm a novice using stata and with statistics in general. I was
wondering if you would be able to give me a little more guidance as to
how to perform the actual test?

With the pscore, I was using the initial command (above) to generate
the propensity scores, and then I wanted to use the nearest neighbor
method using this command:

attnd $ylist $treatment $xlist, pscore(myscore) comsup boot reps($breps) dots

With psmatch2, how would I go about doing the entire analysis? Does it
take two steps like in pscore?

And with pstest, I guess I have the same question. Unless a different
method would be better for nearest neighbor.

FYI: my data set contains 14,000 untreated observations and 800
treated observations. It seamed like nearest neighbor would be most
appropriate, but I'm open to other ideas as well...

Thanks again!

Orrin