RE: st: Catplot for three variables on same graph

From   Almazea Fatima <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Catplot for three variables on same graph
Date   Sat, 28 Dec 2013 18:38:32 +0000

Hi Nick
Thank you for your response.
Yes, you are right I am facing problem for reshaping data.
I can't use
catplot education region urban
because I don't want stata to use "over" o "by" option, I want to plot all three variables by their own categories while using above command will plot education BY region and urban.

I know the solution is to Reshape, but how should I modify the values of labels for each var so that when they are reshaped in from wide to long they have unique values to be identified?
Can you help me on this?

Regards
Almazea

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] on behalf of Nick Cox [[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, 29 December 2013 5:26 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Catplot for three variables on same graph

<>

Your question here appears to centre on how to get your data in shape
for a graph, not the details of using -catplot- (a user-written
command from SSC, as you are asked to explain).

But t's not obvious that you need to -reshape- at all.

catplot education region urban

is but one of several legal commands, with modifications for your
exact variable names.