st: Stata plugin support for long strings

From   Julian Reif <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata plugin support for long strings
Date   Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:32:48 -0600

I am trying to update my Stata plugin command -strgroup- to take
advantage of Stata 13's support for long strings. I am running Stata
13.1 and am using version 2.0 of Stata's plugin interface
(http://www.stata.com/plugins/).

However, it appears that Stata's plugin interface is still limited to
244 character strings. Specifically, the command for retrieving string
values from Stata, -SF_sdata(i,j,k)-, truncates long strings to 244
characters.

Does Stata have any plans to update its plugin interface to remedy this?

Julian