Re: st: From: Ivica Rubil <[email protected]>

Subject   Re: st: From: Ivica Rubil <[email protected]>
Date   Sat, 14 Dec 2013 22:17:07 -0500

At 06:26 PM 12/14/2013, Ivica Rubil wrote:
Darcy, at work I have a network Stata 13. Do you think this applies to
the network version as well?

I'm guessing not, but check with your employer as to what kind of deal it has with Stata.

ivica

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Darcy Hannibal <[email protected]> wrote:
> If the version you have at work is a perpetual license, you should be able
> to install it on your home system as well as long as you are only using it
> on one computer at a time. Check with STATA corp if you're not sure, but
> there was a clear statement on the license I purchased through work that it
> could be stalled on two systems for the user as long as it is only open on
> one.
>

> On 12/14/2013 7:54 AM, Richard Williams wrote:
>>
>> Get -use13- from SSC. And/or get in the habit of saving Stata 13 files
>> using the -saveold- command. I am a big fan of the stat/transfer program,
>> although it isn't worth it if this is the only thing you would use it for.
>>
>> At 10:32 AM 12/14/2013, [email protected] wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with -use-. At my workplace I have Stata 13 SE, and
>>> at home I have Stata 11.2 SE. There is a .dta file which I modified
>>> last time yesterday in Stata 13. But when I try to use it at home in
>>> Stata 11.2 SE, I get the following error message:
>>>
>>> file G:\DOKTORSKI\poverty\elasticities\data.dta not Stata format
>>> r(610);
>>>
>>> I have checked file properties and it is written there that the file
>>> is indeed a .dta file. All other .dta files work properly with -use-.
>>> The situation confused me since I have never had similar problem.
>>>
>>> Does anybody have a clue about what may be going on? And how to proceed?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Ivica
>>> *
>>> *   For searches and help try:

>> Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
>> OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
>> HOME:   (574)289-5227
>> EMAIL:  [email protected]
>> WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam