Re: st: pre and post event coding

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: pre and post event coding
Date   Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:20:21 +0000

I don't understand what the difficulty is here. If your data are
yearly, 4 years before or after is 4 observations before or after.
That would be [_n-4] or [_n-4] within panels or an equivalent using
time series operators.

If you are mixing yearly data with event data on a different basis
(something happened on 11 Dec 2013, or whatever), you need to make
that clear.

A concrete example of your data would be more instructive than
extended verbal description.

Pedantically, but positively for your own papers, presentations,
theses: "a panel dataset" is good wording here; "a panel data" doesn't
sound at all right to my ears, whether logically or not.