Re: st: Error 612 on .dta in Stata 13.1

Subject   Re: st: Error 612 on .dta in Stata 13.1
Date   Mon, 9 Dec 2013 19:09:18 -0500

Dear James and Bill,
thank you very much for your advice! The problem appears to be a
combination of all of the following:

1) data file being truncated, and
2) data file being corrupt within the remaining length, and
3) tolerance of earlier Statas to the data problem of truncated file
and its non-transparent handling of such corrupt files.

I've put a more verbose report here:
http://www.radyakin.org/statalist/statabugs/incomplete_f.htm
Ironically, I requested this behavior back in 2011. But it didn't
occur to me until after a couple of hours after I posted the email.

James, I am afraid unfolding Pyton on the server would not be an
immediate possibility for me, but I will one day try it with your
command. If you are unsure of how it is going to react, perhaps try it
with the replication script from here:
http://www.radyakin.org/statalist/statabugs/incomplete_file.htm

Best, Sergiy Radyakin