Re: st: Offset variable

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Offset variable
Date   Mon, 9 Dec 2013 07:11:11 -0500

Hi, Stephen.

You have not described your data, but the usual approach would be to
simply include that independent variable in the model.  Then the
coefficients of the other independent variables will be adjusted for
the contribution of that variable.  I say "adjusted for" because that
is what regression does.  In observational data, regression generally
does not "control" any of the predictor variables.

David Hoaglin