Re: st: splitting a value from its dps! Calculating age from its value with decimal points

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: splitting a value from its dps! Calculating age from its value with decimal points
Date   Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:01:26 +0000

Note also that that Stata supports monthly dates. In this case, you
need not worry about the origin, because ages as differences are the
same whatever the origin.

So, using also Daniel's suggestion of -floor()-

g age = floor((ym(year_interview, int_month) - ym(yrbirth, monthbirth)) / 12)

Using commas to separate integers from fractional parts is naturally
one of several conventions.