Re: st: Code-problem - calculating demand elasticities with a QUAIDS

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Code-problem - calculating demand elasticities with a QUAIDS
Date   Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:20:00 +0000

"afterwards" here is no clue, but it is possible nevertheless to guess
that you are defining

local product 1 2 3 4

in one place (e.g. interactively) and running the rest of the code in
another (e.g. a do-file). That won't work as you intend. Stata can
only see local macros defined in the same place; that is what "local"
means. You are asking -foreach- to cycle over an empty list; that is
legal, but no work is done.