Re: st: Nested hypothesis testing with multiply imputed data using xtmelogit

From   Edward Lorenz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Nested hypothesis testing with multiply imputed data using xtmelogit
Date   Sat, 30 Nov 2013 18:16:31 +0100

Hello,

I had looked at mi post-estimation and the mi test command. mi
estimate performs the joint test that all coefficients are equal to
zero (F  statistic) and mi test performs joint tests that coefficients
are 0. However I am interested in the empty two-level logistic model
without covariates which explains why there is no F statistic in the
results. The standard way to test the null hypothesis that the random
variance component is 0 is a likelihood ratio test comparing the empty
single level model with the empty two-level model. However there is no
log likelihood statistic in the saved results e(b) e(V) after mi
estimate with meqrlogit. Perhaps I am missing something but I do not
see a way forward with mi test.

If I don't respond right away it's because I am boarding an 11 hour flight.

Thanks for any help