st: Collect and combine CIs of ROC curves from bootstrapped datasets

From   Haluk Vahaboglu <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Collect and combine CIs of ROC curves from bootstrapped datasets
Date   Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:53:18 +0000

Dear Stata listers,
I am using Stata 12.1 for Linux 64.
I am trying to generate a predictive scale for a binary outcome (coded as 1/0). My dataset includes 507 patients with 169 events. Eventually, I selected independent variables from a logistic model and developed a scale by giving ranks to eight variables.
To validate internally the performance of this scale, I generate ROC curve and compare AUC to the gold standard.
Also I want to estimate limits of CIs by collecting and combining CIs from for example 10 rounds of bootstrapped datasets.
For this purpose, I use -rocreg- command of Stata or a user written ado file -bsrintercept-  (by H. Glick, http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/dgimhsr/stat-roc.htm).
My question is, can I generate these bootstrapped datasets iteratively and collect AUCs and CIs by means of a loop (or whatever) and combine these.
I am unfamiliar with the jargon used among statisticians and additionally not native. Probably it would be very difficult to understand what I am trying to say. However, I am in desperate need for a bit of help and would be grateful.

Haluk Vahaboğlu
Inf Dis & Clin Micro