st: CMP number of draws

From   "Meulemann Max" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: CMP number of draws
Date   Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:42:51 +0000

Im using stata 12.

I was just curious if cmp saves the number of draws per observation after the estimation of a mvprobit model. Couldn't find it so far.

Best

Max

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Ariel Linden
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. November 2013 16:39
An: [email protected]
Betreff: re: st: matching method

Your overall pattern of missingness is obviously not missing at random, which will pose problems for you regardless of method.

It is difficult to counsel regarding multiple imputation without reviewing the data. You didn't provide any information regarding sample size, the number of variables, distribution of those variables, etc.

Perhaps the simplest approach would be to generate a variable that would be associated with the HRA variable in that it would be binary:

. gen bin_hra = cond(hra !=.,1, 0)

You can then use bin_hra as a matching variable.

That said, this may be problematic if the HRA variable takes on many categories. This approach does not address the distribution of the missingness, just the presence of missingness itself.

I hope this helps

Ariel