Re: st: Factor analysis and winsorizing/Outlier

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Factor analysis and winsorizing/Outlier
Date   Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:04:41 +0000

I don't think there is any "should" here that comes on tablets of stone.

If you are worried about outliers, there are many things you can do,
but if Winsorizing raw data is not enough to produce good results,
then further Winsorizing on what factor analysis produces is likely to
 be going further down the wrong road.