Re: st: survival curve for a stratified analysis using matched data

Subject   Re: st: survival curve for a stratified analysis using matched data
Date   Mon, 25 Nov 2013 18:59:50 -0500

I should have said "Do the unmatched analysis and present the curves from that".

S.

The standard theory after -stcox- will estimate a survival curve for
every stratum. Is that what the reviewer is asking for? If so, then

. predict surv, basesurv
. sort group _t
. twoway connect surv _t, by(group)

If your groups are too small for this (they should be if the matching is
well-done), then present curves for the unmatched data. See Ho et al.
2007.

Reference:

Ho, Daniel, Kosuke Imai, Gary King, and Elizabeth Stuart. 2007. Matching as Nonparametric Preprocessing for Reducing Model Dependence in Parametric Causal Inference. Political Analysis 15: 199–236.

Link at: http://gking.harvard.edu/category/research-interests/methods/causal-inference

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
18 Cantine's Island