st: Re: interpreting marginal effects of fractional logit with continuous independent variables

From   "Sandra Virgo" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: interpreting marginal effects of fractional logit with continuous independent variables
Date   Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:20:59 +0000

To David Hoaglin:

Thanks for your help again, David.

How might I best offer a more accurate interpretation of the output?

Is the answer both in:

a) phrasing it better? How would you phrase it in this instance?
b) conducting more analyses?

If I calculate Average Marginal Effects, then I can state that covariates are as observed in the data; and I can also point out that AME is limited in offering just a single number for something that is likely to vary at different levels of other specific covariates.

Therefore I will also be looking for Marginal Effects at Representative Values (Williams' MER) in order to find out more about this.

Many thanks
Sandra

Sandra Virgo

PhD Researcher
Department of Population Health
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
0207 299 4681
( tel:02072994681)