Re: st: -foreach- loop to fit regression at each level of a variable

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -foreach- loop to fit regression at each level of a variable
Date   Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:40:54 -0500

isn't this what the -by:- prefix does:

by sample_level, sort: logistic ...

- Nick Winter

On 11/19/2013 11:11 AM, Sergiy Radyakin wrote:
Milena, is this something you are after?

set seed 123
clear
set obs 740
generate sample_level=floor(runiform()*4)
generate outcome=runiform()*4200>2000
generate var1=runiform()
generate var2=runiform()
generate var3=runiform()
generate id=floor(runiform()*2)

levelsof sample_level, local(levs)

foreach n in `levs' {
   display ""
   display "======== Regression for level: `n'
   logistic outcome var1 var2 var3 if sample_level==`n', vce(cluster id)
}

Best, Sergiy

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Milena Przheska