Re: st: Copy Paste Issue Do-File Editor and Command Window

Subject   Re: st: Copy Paste Issue Do-File Editor and Command Window
Date   Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:04:14 -0500

Ven,

For questions like this, it is just unavoidable to advise to go and
check the Stata is up-to-date, and
let us know what version you have, e.g. "SE10.1.589"

If you are using remote desktop connection to connect to Stata, make
sure you set the clipboard
sharing mode appropriately.

And please post proper description of what you are doing. There are at
least 4 ways to paste data:
1) Ctrl+V
2) Context menu
3) Toolbar btn
4) Edit menu of main menu
...perhaps more..
Each of them may work or fail independently. Which one are you trying?
Which one does work? Which one does not?

Can you copy/paste from the same Stata's do-editor?
Can you copy/paste from the other Stata's do-editor?
What is the text? Is it something non-ASCII?

Finally, there is an ancient nag with Stata clearing the clipboard on
exit. This dates back at least to version 10.
Make sure that it is not that. Typical scenario (Windows):
- you work in Stata
- you ask a question in statalist
- 30 seconds later you see the reply (e.g. from Nick :)
- you start a fresh copy of Stata
- you try out the command
- you copy it and close 2nd Stata
- you go back to the original Stata, try to paste it but the command
is now lost.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin