Re: st: Conditional logistic regression: how to

From   Liliana Andriano <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Conditional logistic regression: how to
Date   Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:11:36 +0100

Thank you for your reply Marta. The fact is that I need to estimate
the fixed effects logit regressions relying on conditional logits,
also known as the case-control technique (Chamberlain, 1980), so I
should randomly select pairs from each
sample, consisting of one death reported during five years preceding
the survey and one birth that still survived at the survey time. For
this I have realized that the sttocc command in Stata allows you to
convert survival-time data to case-control data, but before running
it, the declaration of survival data is necessary.

Do you know if I randomly select pairs from each sample even though I
am not declaring survival data and then converting survival-time data
to case-control data?

Your help is very appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Best,