Re: st: interpreting marginal effects of fractional logit with continuous independent variables

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: interpreting marginal effects of fractional logit with continuous independent variables
Date   Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:26:40 -0500

Hi, Sandra.

Would you please explain why you are unable to use an ordinary logit
model?  The proportions seem to be the usual sort of "counted
fractions" (as opposed to the continuous fractions in a fractional
logit model).  If you have the numerator and denominator of your
proportions, a binomial GLM should be appropriate, so perhaps you have
only the proportions and not the numerators and denominators.

Also, what are the individual observations?  How many do you have, and
how were the data collected?

David Hoaglin