Re: st: Delete companies based on observations

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Delete companies based on observations
Date   Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:08:14 +0000

Various errors here:

1. -drop- doesn't support a -by()- option: if it did, that would be documented.

2. There is no -count- function in Stata. Perhaps you mean the -count-
command. (-egen- supports a -count()- function, here meaning
(confusingly) an -egen- function, not a Stata function.)

3. _n only ever refers to observation identifiers in sequence; you want _N.

4. -comnam[_n]- is the current value of -comnam-, not its frequency of
occurrence.

That said,

bysort comnam : drop if _N <= 13

is what you want.