Re: st: estimating treatment effect of a binary endogenous regressor on binary outcome

Subject   Re: st: estimating treatment effect of a binary endogenous regressor on binary outcome
Date   Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:58:53 -0500

Erkan Duman <[email protected]>:

See also
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0144
http://www.stata.com/meeting/new-orleans13/abstracts/materials/nola13-barker.pdf

But what kind of endogeneity are you thinking you will correct?
With what instruments?
The story you tell for the LATE you are estimating and why it is
identified is at least as important as any statistic your program
spits out.
Tell the story as a thought experiment... e.g.
you imagine dropping a migrant Mexican parent on a randomly selected
US resident child, or randomly assigning a Mexican family to move to
the US instead of remaining in Mexico. (Replace Mexico with Turkey and
the US with Germany, or what have you.)