Re: st: estimating treatment effect of a binary endogenous regressor on binary outcome

From   Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: estimating treatment effect of a binary endogenous regressor on binary outcome
Date   Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:55:29 -0500

It looks like your instrument may be weak. What is your instrument? Is
it binary? What is the F-statistic on the first stage relationship
between the instrument and the endogenous regressor?

Reducing your control group to increase the number of treated
observations to control observations is ill advised in general. IV has
a finite sample bias and you may just be increasing the bias.

What is your benchmark to say that your estimates of 10 or 0.8 are too high?