st: Conditional logistic regression

From   "Gareth Davies (Public Health Wales)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Conditional logistic regression
Date   Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:43:24 +0000

Dear all

We have some data on all the individuals in a population for two periods: a period during which an environmental pollution event occurred and the same period the previous year when no pollution event occurred.

For this population we know whether the individuals had a health care event, such as an emergency hospital admission, during either period.

We also know other characteristics such as age, and pre-existing co morbidity.

We want to establish whether the pollution event had any effect on the health care events.

Would it be correct to use conditional logistic regression (clogit) to analyse these data on the basis that they are akin to 'matched case-control' data?

Many thanks

Gareth