st: Re: Reminder: Advanced Health and Social Statistics I An Introductory course to Applied Multilevel Analysis) The University of York, Department of Health Sciences

From   Mona Kanaan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Reminder: Advanced Health and Social Statistics I An Introductory course to Applied Multilevel Analysis) The University of York, Department of Health Sciences
Date   Thu, 7 Nov 2013 14:46:23 +0000

Dear All,

Please feel free to circulate the following. This is a reminder that
the following course is running 4-7 Dec 2013, we still have few
places.

We are pleased to offer again Advanced Health and Social Statistics I
( formerly  "An Introduction to Applied Multilevel Analysis", a
Masters Level course commencing with a four day teaching event at the
University of York. The module aims to equip students with the
necessary skills and knowledge to facilitate multilevel analysis of
data by means of lectures and hands-on analysis of data from real
studies, using the statistical software package STATA. The module can
be taken on an attendance only basis or credit basis (worth 10 credits
at Level 7).

Date: A four day teaching event from Wed 4th December to Saturday -7th
December at the University will be followed by a period of private
study.

Fees: A concessionary fee of £600 will apply to academic staff and
students. For participants from the commercial sector, the  course
fees are £800 for those who do not wish to
complete the assessment or £950 for those who  do wish to sit the assessment.

Content: The module will cover multilevel modelling for the following
types of response data: continuous, binary, count and time-to-event
data. It will also cover Cluster Randomised Controlled Trials. The
course is supported by the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) with
online materials and discussion boards.

Previous participants enjoyed taking part in the module some of their
comments can be found on the website.

Prerequisites:  The course is suitable for graduates with a first
degree in a health-related or social science discipline and knowledge
of regression analysis.

Further information: For more information about the course and to
complete an online application form, please visit
http://www.york.ac.uk/healthsciences/gradschool/intro-multi/

or contact Student Information Service on 01904 321321

or email [email protected].

We also offer a range of postgraduate health and social statistics
modules that can be taken on a stand-alone basis, for more information
please visit  http://www.york.ac.uk/healthsciences/gradschool/pgrad-mods/

Many thanks
Best wishes
Mona

News: Advanced Health and Social Statistics I (formerly  An
Introduction to Applied Multilevel Modelling)  a postgraduate course
due to run from the 4-7 December 2013

Dr. Mona Kanaan
Lecturer in Health Statistics, Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
Department of Health Sciences
University of York
Heslington, York YO10 5DD
England