Re: st: problem with addition in var generation

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: problem with addition in var generation
Date   Wed, 6 Nov 2013 22:09:32 -0600

Why are you adding these values in the first place?  As ID variables it would be much easier to treat the 5-digit and 6-digit components as strings and concatenate the strings to form your 11 character ID variable.  Also, if you're working with geographic IDs in the US it would probably be easier and more consistent to use variables that are standardized across multiple datasets/TIGER files.

Sent from my iPhone