Re: st: RE: Stata 13.1

From   Alfonso Sánchez-Peñalver <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata 13.1
Date   Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:37:07 -0400

Hi again,

I have fixed the problem. It seems as if Mavericks doesn’t have administrators with the right of writing into the directory. I have changed the permissions of the /Applications/Stata/ directory, and subdirectories within (ado and docs) so that administrators can both read and write.

In case someone else needs to do this, the best way is to right click on the /Applications/Stata/ directory, then click on Get Info. That will open a window. Scroll to the bottom, and you will need to double click on the lock at the bottom right and enter your password to unlock it. To the right of the “admin” user, right click on the privileges dropdown (mine said Read only) and select "Read & Write”. Now click on the dented wheel below the list of users, and select “Apply to enclosed items…”. It asks you if you are sure, so confirm that you are. Double click on the lock again to protect from changes in the permissions. Now run the update and it should work well.

Best,

Alfonso Sanchez-Penalver