st: how OK is -mi estimate, errorok- ?

Subject   st: how OK is -mi estimate, errorok- ?
Date   Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:09:10 -0500

I am trying to circumvent an issue that -proportion- sometimes return
what looks like a reasonable zero estimate (just because the data are
like that), but -mi estimate- seems to have problems with it, even
with -errorok- option:

sysuse auto, clear
mi set wide
mi register imputed rep78
mi register regular weight
mi impute chained (pmm) rep78, add(3)
mi estimate : proportion rep78, over( foreign )
mi estimate, errorok : proportion rep78, over( foreign )
mi estimate, noisily : proportion rep78, over( foreign )

It's not that bad in my data, but some proportions are really small in
one of the subpopulations, and they get zero imputed counts every now
and then. But most imputation would produce the full vector of
coefficients. Nevertheless, -errorok- fails to handle that.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (ASA, SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer
-- http://stas.kolenikov.name