Re: st: Calculating past 3-month stock return with data where weekends are not included.

Subject   Re: st: Calculating past 3-month stock return with data where weekends are not included.
Date   Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:18:52 -0400

Robert,

from your description I see the problem is the trades do not happen
every day. Assume first that they do. Write a program to compute the
desired result based on that. Later we can then adjust it for the case
of missing days. Note also that Stata now has the business calendar
feature, which is intended for exactly this kind of questions (periods
when an event could not occur):
http://www.stata.com/features/overview/business-calendars/
Quote: "Have you ever wished that when you referred to the lag of
trading date, you got the previous trading date rather than
yesterday’s?"

Best, Sergiy Radyakin