Re: st: Variable Inflation Factor (VIF) for non-linear models

Subject   Re: st: Variable Inflation Factor (VIF) for non-linear models
Date   Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:28:04 -0500

As Nick notes, you can just use regress followed by vif. Multicollinearity is a problem with the right hand side of the model, i.e. the Xs are highly correlated, hence you can generally use the same methods to detect and possibly address it that you would use for regress. For a more extensive set of diagnostics, check out UCLA's -collin- command. For yet more info, see

http://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats2/l11.pdf