Re: st: Analysis on subset of Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) data

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Analysis on subset of Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) data
Date   Sun, 27 Oct 2013 09:22:14 -0400

French,

Please have a look at the Statalist FAQ (link at the bottom of this
message). Some excerpts:

"The current version of Stata is 13.0. Please specify if you are using
an earlier version"

The fact that you use -set mem- indicates that you have Stata 11 or older.

"Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did) in response."

I assume that you did not type "use TZKR62DT/TZKR62FL.DTA" because
that is not a valid filename in most operating systems. You also don't
explain why the command "keep if B9==0" is not recognized because you
omitted the output from Stata.

Now to your questions. The data for children under 5 from the Tanzania
DHS 2010 has only 8023 observations. It is not clear why you expect
8081 observations. The survey report, which you cite as reference, has
480 pages.

The command -keep if B9==0- will yield an error message because the
variable B9 doesn't exist in the data. Stata is case-sensitive and the
correct variable name is b9.

Friedrich