RE: st: How to show variable label in a graph title

From   "Song, Lin" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to show variable label in a graph title
Date   Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:45:31 +0000

Hi Nick,

I tried your code:

title("`: var label `1''")

However, it still does not work.

If I only have title("`1'"), it would show the variable name.  I also tried to add span,

title("`: var label `1''", span)

but this still does not work.  Nothing shows up for the title.  For the variable I tried, the variable name has 5 letters and the variable label has 15.  So it does not seem to be due to the length of the variable label.

Perhaps this is because the graph command is within a program for a dialog program.

In the dialog program I have:

if main.rb_2l {
	put "rpt2_chi "
	varlist main.var_1
	put " "
	varlist main.var_3
	}

Here, main.var_3 is the the `1' variable.

Then in my "rpt2.chi" ado file, I have

program define rpt2_chi

	twoway (bar percent demoseq, color(green)) (rcap upper_ci lower_ci demoseq), title("`: var label `1''")
end

Do you have any idea why this is not working?

Thanks.

Lin