Re: st: Likelihood Maximisation for the exponential model in Survival Analysis

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Likelihood Maximisation for the exponential model in Survival Analysis
Date   Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:27:42 +0200

In your -ml model- you specify two equation, while a exponential model
only has one. All you need to do is replace:

ml model lf myexp_ph_lf (studytime died = drug2 drug3 age) /lnlam

with

ml model lf myexp_ph_lf (studytime died = drug2 drug3 age)

You can than leave out the -difficult tech(nr bhhh dfp bfgs)- options.

Note that your ml model only returns coefficients, while -streg- by
default returns hazard ratios. To make sure your -streg- command
returns comparable numbers you need to add the -nohr- option to
-streg-. You'll than see that the two give exactly the same results.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50