st: Updates on SSC

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Updates on SSC
Date   Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:29:55 +0100

Thanks as usual to the ever-active Kit Baum, the following packages
have been updated on SSC:

-lmoments-

L-moments, despite 20+ years of existence under that name and a longer
history under other names, are not widely known in statistical
science, having had major impact only in statistical hydrology and
climatology. They have many virtues for summarizing and fitting
distributions.

The main program -lmoments- has been rewritten to allow calculation of
any order of L-moments. Its requirement  for Stata 10 is unchanged.

-njc_stuff-

This is an unusual package, consisting only of two help files that
give guidance on my downloadable Stata programs, ranging from flags of
what I think my best work to explanations of what other commands make
some programs obsolete or superseded.