Re: st: ICE and instrumental variables

Subject   Re: st: ICE and instrumental variables
Date   Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:29:59 -0500

The mean substitution will make it way worse. Multiple imputation
followed by IV is sort of defensible from the general perspective of
missing data, in the sense that it was not shown to be wrong (although
I can be mistaken -- I am not subscribed to Econometrica or J of
Econometrics or anything like that; if David Drukker is aware of any
such references, it would be a perfect time to chime in :) ). All
other methods you have been contemplating ARE wrong, and that's very
easy to demonstrate, either by a very rudimentary simulation, or by
looking in any missing data book.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (ASA, SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer
-- http://stas.kolenikov.name