Re: st: Computing margins for a subpop in svy with BRR weights

Subject   Re: st: Computing margins for a subpop in svy with BRR weights
Date   Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:07:45 -0400

Welcome to Statalist, Richard.

> 1. Since the equation in line 13 is not specifying “svy, subpop(missing_vars==0):” (it won’t run if I include this), do I need to be concerned that the resulting standard errors are incorrectly computed?  Or does the “svy brr _b” command in line 15 take care of this?

The standard errors are correct. If you look again at the -help- for -margins-, you will see that your subpop() statement is in the right place.

> 2. Is the “coeff” column in the final table indicating the dy/dx for each indep var—that is, the dy/dx computed based on the pweights and brr weights in the svy?

Yes, but you could have seen this for yourself by running your -biprobit- outside your program, with a  [pweight=] statement and an  "if" statement to subset to your subpopulation .  With survey data, stimated marginal effects are functions only of the probability weights, and you should see that the nicely formatted effects match those in the "coeff" column of your results. (The stratification, replicate weights, and subpop() options influence only the standard errors.)

Steve
[email protected]